The College of Fine Arts offers three transcript-recognized minors to undergraduate students in the 2018-2020 catalog. A minor must be completed in conjunction with an undergraduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin, and at least half of the required course work in the minor must be completed in residence.
A student may not earn a minor in the same field of study as his or her major, and at least nine of the hours required for the minor must include coursework not used to satisfy the requirements of the student’s major. However, courses in the minor may fulfill other degree requirements such as general education requirements or required elective hours.
While the Art History Minor is open to all students, the application for the Minor in Arts Management and Administration is restricted to students with over 30 hours and a GPA of 2.5000 or above. Additionally, the Minor in Studio Art is restricted to students with a GPA of 3.0000 or above. The application for minors can be found here. Please note that after you apply, you must see your academic advisor to officially declare the minor.
For additional information about our minors, view the current undergraduate catalog. Further questions about minors in previous catalogs may be directed to the Academic Advisor for Special Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art History Minor (Open)
The Art History Minor requirements are:
Fifteen semester hours of coursework in art history, including at least 12 hours of upper-division coursework.
- All classes must be taken on the letter-grade basis. The student must earn a combined grade point average of at least 2.50 in minor coursework.
Minor in Arts Management and Administration (Restricted)
The Arts Management and Administration Minor requirements are:
Fifteen semester hours, consisting of:
- Fine Arts 362: Foundations of Arts Management
- Fine Arts 340: Fine Arts Internship
- Nine hours of eligible coursework in FA and Business Foundations courses. Course requirements vary by catalog year.
- 2.50 overall grade point average in minor coursework. All courses must be taken on the letter-grade basis.
Minor in Studio Art (Currently Closed)
Please note that the application for the Studio Art minor is currently closed. Applications for the Studio Art minor will remain closed during the 2020-2021 academic year. Please check this page again in Fall 2021 for updates. Thank you.
The Minor in Studio Art requirements are:
Fifteen semester hours, chosen from:
- ART 350, 352J, 352C, 352D, 352E, 352F, 352G, or 352K
- All courses must be taken on the letter-grade basis.