In the spring of 2019, Kendra Scott and the College of Fine Art collaborated to redesign the existing student lounge located in the Doty Fine Arts Building. The renovated lounge has been renamed the Kendra Scott Center. It serves as a student hub for counseling, recruiting, mentorship, collaboration, entrepreneurship, independent study, and social gatherings.
Main goals of the Kendra Scott Center include:
- Continued support of University required student services
- Provide space to support the Kendra Scott Women’s Entrepreneurship Leadership Institute (WEL Institute) and Center for Creative Entrepreneurship (CCE)
- Create a hub for creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Foster university-wide interest in CoFA
- Maximize use of the student lounge area
The Kendra Scott Center (KS Center) is managed by the College of Fine Arts Office of Student Affairs (CoFA Student Affairs) and the Kendra Scott Women’s Entrepreneurship Leadership Institute (WEL Institute).
The center is comprised of the Lounge (Room 1.101), 5 Huddle Rooms (Rooms 1.101 A through E), a Reception Area (Room 1.101J), and a Student Affairs Desk which supports the operations of the KS Center. Additionally, there is a Conference Room adjacent to the center (Room 1.104). The center is equipped with an Audio Visual (AV) System comprised of one 86” display, two 65” displays, five 55” displays, a 21-speaker sound system, and a projection system. Additionally, furnishings are placed to provide seating and working options for users.
Learn more about Kendra Scott and the WEL Institute
To learn more about the center, click a section below.