Fine Arts Career Services offers several internship courses. Each internship course is offered online in the fall, spring and summer semesters. During the summer FA 140 and FA 340 will be offered through UT Extension only.
Each internship course follows the same curriculum, but the number of hours the student has to complete at the internship differs by course. Students must complete at least 50 hours per credit hour. Hours must be completed between the first day of classes and the last day of classes during the semester that the student is enrolled in the course. For assistance with internship searching, contact Fine Arts Career Services to schedule an appointment. For questions regarding how the internship might fit into your degree plan, contact your academic advisor.
Internship Courses offered:
FA 140 - Requires that students complete 50 hours at the internship
FA 340 - Requires that students complete 150 hours at the internship
How to Enroll:
Prior to enrolling in an internship course, students must:
- Secure an internship in the arts. Students who have not secured an internship will not be permitted to enroll.
- Complete the Internship Contract, which must be signed by the student and the supervisor at the internship site. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
- Students can email a scanned copy of the contract to FACS or drop it off at the front desk outside of DFA 1.103. The office is open Monday – Friday between 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Once FACS approves your contract, you will receive an email confirming that your internship meets the FACS guidelines and you will be able to register yourself for the course.
- Contracts must be returned by the first Friday of the semester. Students will not be permitted to add the class after the 12th class day.
- Internships must be arts-related.
- Internships cannot be remote or at a home office. The work must take place in the organization’s office.
- Interns must be supervised by someone who is considered an expert in the field.
- All hours must be completed during the semester in which the student is enrolled in the course.
- All internships must be approved by Fine Arts Career Services. FACS reserves the right to reject an internship if the opportunity is deemed inappropriate.
DFA 1.103 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ 512.232.7333
Monday-Friday, 10am-12pm, 1pm-4pm