Fine Arts Career Services offers several internship courses. Each internship course is offered online in the fall, spring and summer semesters. During the summer, FA 140 and FA 340 will be offered through UT Extension only.
Each internship course follows the same curriculum, but the number of hours the student has to complete at the internship differs by course. Students must complete at least 50 hours per credit hour. Hours must be completed between the first day of classes and the last day of classes during the semester that the student is enrolled in the course. For assistance with internship searching, contact Fine Arts Career Services to schedule an appointment. For questions regarding how the internship might fit into your degree plan, contact your academic advisor.
Internships must be arts-related.
Internships cannot be remote, virtual, at a home office or occur in a private residence. The work must take place in the organization’s office or locations where the organization does business.
Interns must be supervised and mentored by someone who is considered an expert in the field.
All hours must be completed during the semester in which the student is enrolled in the course.
All internships must be approved by Fine Arts Career Services. FACS reserves the right to reject an internship if the opportunity is deemed inappropriate.
Internship Courses Offered:
FA 140 - Requires that students complete 50 hours at the internship
FA 340 - Requires that students complete 150 hours at the internship
UTNY Internship Courses:
FA 640 - Requires that students complete 300 hours at the internship
FA 940 - Requires that students complete 450 hours at the internship
FA 640 and FA 940 are only available to students participating in UTNY. Students participating in UTNY must enroll in either FA 640 or FA 940.
How to Enroll:
Prior to enrolling in an internship course, students must:
- Secure an internship in the arts. Students who have not secured an internship will not be permitted to enroll.
- Complete the Internship Contract, which must be signed by the student and the supervisor at the internship site. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
- Students can email a scanned copy of the contract to FACS or drop it off at the front desk outside of DFA 1.103. The office is open Monday – Friday between 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Once FACS approves your contract, you will receive an email confirming that your internship meets the FACS guidelines and you will be able to register yourself for the course.
- Contracts must be returned by the first Friday of the semester. Students will not be permitted to add the class after the 12th class day.
DFA 1.103 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ 512.232.7333
Monday-Friday, 10am-12pm, 1pm-4pm