FACS offers individual appointments for career advising. Students and alumni seeking help with career direction, resumes, cover letters, promotional materials, mock interviews, or just general job and internship advice, are encouraged to schedule a consultation.
To schedule an appointment, call (512) 232-7333. If you are seeking help with your resume or other written documents, email them to the appropriate advisor at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
- Initiate an internship or job search
- Navigate potential career options and industries
- Revise your resume, cover letter, or other job-related documents
- Gain experience through internships, volunteering, jobs, and activities
- Decide if graduate school is your next step and how to prepare
- Implement a career plan to reach your goals
Mock interviews are hour-long appointments during which you will be asked a number of interview questions specific to an area of interest or job. During this time, a career advisor will provide feedback on your answers, review your strengths and areas that need improvement and address any questions you may have.
DFA 1.103 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ 512.232.7333
Monday-Friday, 10am-12pm, 1pm-4pm